Emerging Voice 2010
Terri Favro grew up in the Niagara area and lives in Toronto where she works as a freelance copywriter and magazine writer. Terri’s fiction writing springs from her identity as a first-generation Italian-Canadian who grew up consuming Catholic dogma, British fairytales, American game shows, Jell-O butterscotch pudding, her father’s grappa, her mother’s polenta, and the neighbours’ homemade vodka. Terri’s stories, true and untrue, have been published in Prism, Riddle Fence, Geist, Accenti, Toro, Feathertale.com and More magazines, among others. Her work has been short listed three times for the CBC Literary Awards. She is currently completing a novel, The Proxy Bride, and collaborating on a graphic novel, Waiting for Mario Puzo.
- "Stardust" (Geist Magazine – short fiction)
- "The Three Sisters of Piacenza" (Accenti Magazine – creative non-fiction)
- "You. Free. Save. Money. Now." (Lies With Occasional Truth, Winter 2011 – fiction)
- "Ten Years Younger" (Feathertale.com – humour)
- Bella and the Loyalist Heroine (Online comic book, a.k.a. graphic novel)