Diaspora Dialogues (DD) supports writers to turn their craft into a career through mentorship, professional development and opportunities to publish and present their work.
To help us revamp and optimize our online marketing and events strategies, as well as promote upcoming events in Toronto, Ottawa and Winnipeg, DD seeks a Marketing Intern.
This is a two-month paid internship, located in our office in downtown Toronto, reports directly to Events and Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will be a qualified student or recent graduate interested in hands-on experience in their field of study, who has a passion for literature specifically, and the arts more generally.
Position: Marketing Intern
Term/Pay: 5 days/week (8 weeks). $15/hr
Start Date: June 2019
DD’s Marketing Intern will assist DD’s small team in overall marketing and PR activities, including:
- Regular posting on social media as well as specialized campaigns.
- Maintain and update our newsletter and mailing list database in Mailchimp.
- Help administer participant and audience evaluation questionnaires.
- Update/archive content on websites.
- Create digital assets to be used in online marketing and advertising.
- Organize marketing/PR files on the shared drive.
Experience/skills of the job:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30, and either a qualified student or recent graduate. Preference will be given to someone who has completed a marketing certificate or is currently enrolled.
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign.
- Live in the GTA or commutable distance. (Our office is situated at Avenue Road and Bloor)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have an inclusive and respectful attitude towards diversity. DD adheres to the City of Toronto Human Rights and Anti-Harassment/Discrimination Policy.
- Be willing to work the occasional night/weekend (if there is a DD event or reception).
Interested persons may submit a résumé and cover letter to Christian Sharpe at email@example.com, no later than May 22, 2019.
Please note: while we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.