Diaspora Dialogues (DD) supports writers to turn their craft into a career through mentorship, professional development and opportunities to publish and present their work.
To support the revamping and optimizing of our online and email donation and granting strategies, DD seeks a Fundraising Intern. This is a two-month paid internship, located in our office in downtown Toronto, reports directly to the Manager, Business Operations. The ideal candidate will be a qualified student or recent graduate interested in hands-on experience in their field of study, who has a passion for literature specifically, and the arts more generally.
Term/Pay: 5 days/week (8 weeks). $15/hr
Start Date: June 2019
DD’s Fundraising Intern will assist the President and Manager of Business Operations, on the implementation of donor strategy, cultivation and stewardship, including:
- Craft thank you letters, help organize donor receptions, donor research, etc.
- Update donor cultivation database, tracking sheets, granting calendar, etc.
- Research philanthropic foundation and corporation prospects.
- Learn how to write grant proposals (working with development team to practise this skill set)
- Learn how to write donor appeals (working with development team to practise this skill set)
Experience/skills of the job:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 30, and either a qualified student or recent graduate. Preference will be given to someone who has completed a fundraising management certificate or is currently enrolled in a degree program for same.
- Live in the GTA or commutable distance. (Our office is situated at Avenue Road and Bloor)
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have an inclusive and respectful attitude towards diversity. DD adheres to the City of Toronto Human Rights and Anti-Harassment/Discrimination Policy.
- Be willing to work the occasional night/weekend (if there is a DD event or reception).
Interested persons may submit a résumé and cover letter to Christian Sharpe at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than May 22, 2019.
Please note: while we appreciate all applicants’ interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.