Call for Submissions: GTA and National Long Form Mentorship
September 5, 2021
Diaspora Dialogues is thrilled to invite submissions from emerging writers for our GTA and National Long Form Mentorship in 2022!
This mentorship is for those who currently have a full or near-full draft of an original full-length novel, or collection of short stories, or collection of poems. We are now also accepting works intended for young adults. Full or near-full draft means that the writer has up to 85,000 words or 300 double-spaced pages of prose; or up to 25 poems (50 pages maximum).
Diaspora Dialogues is committed to supporting a literature of Canada that is as diverse as the country itself. Writers are encouraged to keep this mandate in mind, but it is not essential in the submission.
Submission Guidelines include:
• Work from which the excerpt is submitted must be in a full draft or near-full draft stage.
• Samples submitted can be one chapter from the novel or one short story from the collection (up to but not exceeding
5,000 words); poetry can include up to 10 poems but not exceed 15 pages.
• Submissions must include a one-page description of the novel, short story or poetry collection.
• Submissions must include a short biography in paragraph form (no more than 250 words.)
• The work must be original and not previously published.
• Submissions must be in English.
• Each writer may submit only one manuscript.
• A completed submission form must be included.
• Submissions will be accepted by email.
• Commentary/feedback is not available on submissions.
• Writers must not have a previously published full-length manuscript (although appearances in magazines
and/or anthologies are acceptable).
• Any writer of any age can apply.
Deadline: November 1 2021 at 11:59 pm.
The mentorships will begin in January 2022 and run for six months. Assigned mentors
are at the discretion of Diaspora Dialogues.
Please read all of the guidelines carefully before submitting. If you have questions, email: email@example.com
Find out more info on the program here: https://diasporadialogues.com/mentoring-program/