Job Opportunity: Loans and Grants Administrative Assistant (Position Filled)
May 3, 2022
Position: Loans and Grants Administrative Assistant
Work term: May 9, 2022 to July 17, 2022 (six weeks)
Compensation: $16.00 per hour, 30 hours per week
We are looking for a qualified go getter to work remotely with our small non-profit team. This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program.
– under supervision of Manager of Business Operations research and create a calendar of deadlines for all applicable government granting agencies and the relevant programs to Diaspora Dialogues for application for funding, that can be updated from funding year to funding year
– under the guidance of Manager of Business Operations and President, research public and private foundations that have grants that are applicable to apply for and add them to the funding calendar as well, including hyperlinks for websites and relevant application information
– assess current pitches for funding and identify changes to be made to match up with potential funder guidelines with mentoring by board Director and President in charge of fundraising
– assess our online email database and update with necessary information, new clients, and remove and clean up duplications etc. under supervision of Marketing and Communications Coordinator
– organize database for ease of fundraising emails and create templates for major email campaigns in the spring, early fall, and end of year
– aid in updating our TOK Magazine and Diaspora Dialogues websites with content.
Experience/requirements for the job:
Candidates must be able to provide their own computer and internet access, as well as facility for Zoom calls.
Candidates must be 30 or younger( as per the Canada Summer Jobs program requirements), and have some experience working in small teams in an office setting (remote or in person). Experience in writing and communication required, and past fundraising an asset. Knowledge of WordPress or similar website experience is also desirable. Post secondary degree or degree in progress preferred, but not necessary.
Please apply directly to Christian Sharpe, Manager of Business Operations, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Thursday May 5, 12 PM