Join Diaspora Dialogues for a full day of events at Doors Open, including free screenings of movies, interviews with directors and writers and more.
- 10 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. — Introductions
- 10:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. — Screening of David Bezmozgis‘ NATASHA
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. — Break
- 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. — Interview with actor Genadijs Dolganovs, moderated by journalist Tina Hassannia.
- 12:45 p.m. to 1 p.m. — Break
- 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. — Interview with videographer and editor Moumy Mbacké, moderated by DD’s Miranda Newman.
- 1:45 p.m. to 2 p.m. — Break
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. — Interview with writer and director Sharon Lewis by NOW’s Chris Rattan, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Brown Girl Begins
- 3 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. — Break
- 3:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. — “Writing Toronto On Screen” panel featuring writer and director Charles Officer, filmmaker Lu Asfaha, cinematographer Marlon Paul, and editor and director Sanjay Talreja. Moderated by Zalika Reid-Benta.
- 4:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Closing remarks
DD thanks Zoomer Media for hosting us as part of their Doors Open programming.